CRI maintains a fleet of wheelchair accessible vans which we use to provide transportation to consumers in need in Erie County. Rides are scheduled and provided for the following reasons:
- Transportation to/from medical appointments;
- Transportation for Vocational/Employment (job related) reasons;
- Transportation when Case Managers will be assisting a consumer with advocacy-related issues;
- Transportation to/from events considered to be a “special request” such as a wedding, funeral, and other events that promote Independent Living (pending staff availability);
- Transportation to/from meetings at, or scheduled by, Community Resources for Independence;
- Transportation for all consumers who are on the Agency Model of Care through Community Resources for Independence for “other” reasons upon request; and
- Transportation for United States’ Veterans.
If you are in need of transportation services by means of a CRI van, rides must be scheduled at least a week in advance. Please note that transportation will be scheduled on a “first come, first served” basis. Also, be aware that there will be times that an extended waiting period may result from several rides being provided on a particular day. With the exception of “special events,” rides will be provided between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday-Friday.
Are You Ready for a Helping Hand?
If you are ready to have a helping hand but are unsure of where to begin, our Care Reps can help you build a program that works for you and your unique needs. To schedule a teleconference or in-person consultation, please call or complete the form.